So it turns out we are not as close to being done as we suspected. We have some new ideas and need more time for legal to review what I've done and see if there is anything we can get patented, and ensure we're complying with the plethora of laws.
Speaking of laws, there are way too many of them. I believed I had a good understanding of the laws that relate to the web and software industries but it turns out there are all sorts of laws that I'd never even heard of that we have to make sure we comply with JUST IN CASE someone interprets it to apply to us even though the intent of the law may not have had anything to do with companies like ours.
So... I just finished implementing an amazingly cool AJAX based search feature for our site and I can't wait till everyone is using it.
On a totally unrelated note, I've been having a slight problem with addthis boxes that don't display with dynamic content. The official forums have conflicting information and google searches will tell you anything from:
1. It's impossible.
2. That you should create your boxes dynamically instead.
3. That you're silly for asking such a question and should do something different entirely.
4. A really complex method that involves making the window.adthis property null, grabbing the adthis javascript via a xml http request, injecting it, then using the init methods for adthis. (the idea of this method is to trick adthis that it has not been run yet on your site)
Don't listen to any of it. It's actually really easy, just ad the following line:
addthis.toolbox('.addthis_toolbox');
After you inject your dynamic content that contains adthis boxes.
So if right now your code is:
document.getElementById('mydiv').innerHTML=resultFromAjax;
Change it to:
document.getElementById('mydiv').innerHTML=resultFromAjax;
It's really that easy!
See the client API for more details: http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/articles/381263-addthis-client-api#.UJaqBsXAd2A
Speaking of laws, there are way too many of them. I believed I had a good understanding of the laws that relate to the web and software industries but it turns out there are all sorts of laws that I'd never even heard of that we have to make sure we comply with JUST IN CASE someone interprets it to apply to us even though the intent of the law may not have had anything to do with companies like ours.
So... I just finished implementing an amazingly cool AJAX based search feature for our site and I can't wait till everyone is using it.
On a totally unrelated note, I've been having a slight problem with addthis boxes that don't display with dynamic content. The official forums have conflicting information and google searches will tell you anything from:
1. It's impossible.
2. That you should create your boxes dynamically instead.
3. That you're silly for asking such a question and should do something different entirely.
4. A really complex method that involves making the window.adthis property null, grabbing the adthis javascript via a xml http request, injecting it, then using the init methods for adthis. (the idea of this method is to trick adthis that it has not been run yet on your site)
Don't listen to any of it. It's actually really easy, just ad the following line:
addthis.toolbox('.addthis_toolbox');
After you inject your dynamic content that contains adthis boxes.
So if right now your code is:
document.getElementById('mydiv').innerHTML=resultFromAjax;
Change it to:
document.getElementById('mydiv').innerHTML=resultFromAjax;
addthis.toolbox('.addthis_toolbox');
It's really that easy!
See the client API for more details: http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/articles/381263-addthis-client-api#.UJaqBsXAd2A
No comments:
Post a Comment